Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

ATCAS #50 - Vellum Butterfly


We have a new ATCAS challenge for you hosted by our lovely Marie.  Marie chose the code word Vellum:

Our sponsor is Scribbles Designs:

And our guest designer is Hannelie aka Desert Diva.  Check out all of the inspiration by the design team on the ATCAS challenge blog and then link up your project there!

I love white on white and I love white embossing on vellum so I cased one of my cards that I made recently where I gold embossed a butterfly on vellum and I created a similar layout.  I embossed this Hero Arts butterfly with white embossing powder on vellum and used the companion Sizzix framelit die to cut it out.  I dry embossed the card front with a Lifestyle embossing folder and then used the SU! Madison embossing folder on another panel of white card stock and cut it out above the flowers.  That panel is adhered with foam tape and then I finished it off with a white satin ribbon and the butterfly.

I am submitting this card to CAS on Sunday - Emboss It.



Thanks for coming by!


14 comments:

  1. FAB combination of embossing folders Harriet - gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, the embossing is fab and I love the way you've cut out the Madison embossing and decoupaged it:-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a perfect example of how white on white should look like!
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous is the word for this beauty !

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! All of the textures here work so well together and the simplicity of the white just sets them all off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. harriet this is such a stunning card, I adore that Madison embossing folder so much so I made a card using it but never finished it. It looks amazing especially with all of the elements. you really rocked this challenge.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Harriet. The white embossed butterfly on vellum is GORGEOUS!! Love the texture of your card with the layers of embossing, and the popped up butterfly ... so beautiful! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning WOW card Harriet - love the embossed butterfly,
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Harriet. Love all the layering you've achieved with the different embossing. Fab!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous really love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply exquisite. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harriet, the white on white is simply stunning and I love the little butterfly. The texture you created on your card is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete